A Sunday without football!

It has been a long time since I have spent a Sunday without watching football. I admit it was a nice change of pace. I met Erik and his mom and sister at French Meadow Bakery in the morning for breakfast. We meet there most Sundays before going to church at the Sanctuary to talk and catch up on life. I had the breakfast bagel sandwich and a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, both full of flavor and nutrition! $11.02

My big breakfast held me over until about 4:00pm, when a craving for a cheeseburger hit. I haven't had a cheeseburger is so long! The quest was on to find a tasty yet inexpensive burger. Luckily I remembered that Figlio's has their happy hour from 12-7 on Sundays! Erik, his roommate, and I were off for mini burgers and a beer - at a great price! $6 with tax and tip!

After Figlio's I stopped at Duplex to visit my friend Kristin. We got together for a glass wine (at happy hour price) after her shift. I haven't seen her for a couple of weeks, so it was nice to get caught up. Whenever we get together, we tend to splurge on a dessert, so we couldn't pass up the mixed berry bread pudding. $7.00