Bahamas

Yesterday afternoon in my graphic design 4 class, we were told to choose a product which we believed was a good "brand". I spent about 30 minutes on the islands of the Bahamas website and well as the blog for Duffy and Partners exploring the branding of the country.

Later that night I stopped at the Highland Park Lunds with Erik to buy of few things for the fettucini alfredo we were making and a few extra things: 1 pound fettucini noodles, 1 shallot, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, butter, %1 milk, Special K, a baguette, and some chevre. $22.37

We ate the alfredo, bread, and cheese with a bottle of Castle Rock Pinot Noir that I had bought a few weeks ago. We put the democratic debate being showed in CNN on, and listed to Obama and Clinton cordially "duke it out" for a couple of hours. We both love the alfredo recipe as well as the Castle Rock, and were looking forward to watching the debate. All in all it was a nice, low-key night. As an added plus, we made enough food to serve up another round at a later date!

Rise and Shine

This morning on the way to class I stopped at the Gopher Express for a Clif bar (peanut butter, chocolate chip) and some OJ. I was hesitant to buy the Clif bar for two reasons: 1. I ate way too many of them last fall on my camping trip in Yellowstone 2. $1.79 seems like a lot of money for a health bar. However, after I purchased my goods and realized that I had only spent $3.51 on breakfast, I was pretty thrilled. I realized that 2 dollars it not a lot to spend on something that will fill me up for a long time and has a lot of good nutrients in it. Looking back is was probably a better decision that the bagel and cream cheese I was eyeing beforehand.

In Sr. Seminar we watched a clip from a video on UTube, and I have done some emailing too.