« Staying warm and working hard | Main | Rise and Shine »

Movie Night In

During my class last night we watched a short movie from TED about fractals. The class is Design Factors of Human Perception, and our professor is trying to get us to think outside our usual design strategies. The movie lasted about 15 minutes, but I was restless from the uncomfortable chairs in the auditorium and my mind was elsewhere. I had a bad experience with fractals once in high school too, so I was not all that focused on the movie.

Last night after class I dove into some chicken almond ding that Erik had ordered. I was hungry and it was filling, but I don't remember much more about it. Sometimes when I am really hungry I don't really think about the food I'm eating - I just eat. We also watched Alfred Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train off of the Net Flicks website. Erik has a subscription to Net Flicks and can watch movies off of their website as part of the deal. They have a limited selection of movies on their website, but we have managed to find a few good ones that we haven't seen yet. The movie was entertaining as most of Hitchcock's movies are. I am especially a fan of the dramatic screaming scenes where there is a close up of the frightened woman's face.