Pizza Success

My Saturday morning consisted of a bowl of Cheerios and a couple of fruit pancakes, although all of the ingredients I consumed had been bought previously. I spent a few hours at my parents' house going over information about taxes and my car. Needless to say the morning and first part of my afternoon remained somewhat consumption free.

Saturday afternoon I went to lunch/coffee with Erik and some of his family. There were in town for a funeral, and wanted to stop for a cup of coffee before heading back home. We met them at the French Meadow Bakery around 2pm. I had a hot chocolate and split a chicken cranberry sandwich with Erik. $13.68

That night Erik and I decided to try out the baking stone I got from my parents' basement and make our own pizza. I attempted a pizza once a couple of years ago, but made a few fatal errors. We haven't had the guts to try one again, until now. The baking stone gave us new confidence in our culinary abilities, and we decided it would be best to start with a basic recipe. We went to Kowolski's and purchased: 1 pound mozzarella, 3 tomatoes, a package of thinly sliced salami, kalamata olives, fresh basil and oregano, a cake mix, one can of frosting, and a dozen eggs. $38.62

While enjoying our pizza making success we watched the movie "Two for the Money" on TV and also two episodes of Ace of Cakes on the Food Network.