thoughts- show

The biggest challenge for me about the show was the transfer of my bobbers. i never paid so much attention to the bums in the street! I used tacky to the bobbers to the foam board so they did not move, then slowly walked them into the tweed. I had some help with tacking the foam board to the ceiling, everything went ever smoothly! then i organized the bottom collages. GREAT!!

After a day of the bobbers up some were coming down. I was ok with that. I thought it brought the whole piece together then. As the show went on, i came up with the idea that as a bobber falls its like a falling star, so make a wish! i loved it! plus, joellyn liked the sound it made, it had a cute ring. I enjoyed the show, I am super happy with how everything turned out!! Thanks Joellyn!!!

(p.s. your my favorite teacher!) haha!

Show

1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
8.jpg
IMGP0876.JPG
IMGP0924.JPG
IMGP0954.JPG
IMGP0957.JPG
IMGP0972.JPG
IMGP0980.JPG
IMGP0983.JPG
IMGP0985.JPG
IMGP0987.JPG
IMGP0990.JPG

Fish_Avatar500.jpg

smn_Avatar.jpg

Bass jumping through bobbers

bobberFish.jpg

Progress~ Closer to finishing!

Over the weekend, i have been working diligently on my project. Since last class, I finished my seaweed, made wool rocks, bought and hung in grid 120 bobbers from ceiling, carved a fish (bass) from Oasis floral foam block. I have spent many many hours working on this project. All put together, I wanted a scene, a fish to look as tho it has jumped out of the water through the bobbers, with bobbers hung higher up as if flown out of water by fish jumping. the bobbers are closely gridded, and below a scene from under the water. with a seaweed (nest of fishing line, usually happens with a snag) with resin fish hanging from as if a school of minnows, wool rocks to illustrate structure below. I love it!

hanging bobbers

bobbers.jpg

bobberMe.jpg

bobber_seaweed.jpg

collection.jpg

resinLure.jpg

rocksWool.jpg

collage work


img003.jpg
img004.jpg
img005.jpg
img006.jpg
img007.jpg
img008.jpg
img009.jpg
img010.jpg
img011.jpg

Prismacolor Markers

lures1_500.jpg

progress

Many steps were involved in each of my collage boards. A layer of gesso was roughly applied. colors of water paint applied to desired areas. tissue paper plain white and clothing pattern tissue paper roughly glued. Reapplied paint to give to areas. printed images I drew (8) of muskie fishing lures. I drew them with prismacolor markers on tracing paper to give water color look, scanned to computer, did some digital changes. Printed and did gel transfer to the each board. The newspaper glued is from a fishing article on "catch and release". Once glued, I tore the edges. I bought the Golden Cracking Gel, applied to the edge of board. Further, the images from a digital sonar depth finder printed and transferred. One of my challenges, I made a page of pictures of my family and I holding up our fish. I printed on transparent paper, trying to do a transfer from transparent paper did not work. The board had too rough of a surface, the images did not transfer right. Another challenge was the wait for layers to dry so I could continue to the next step. Otherwise I am impressed with what I have done so far.

working progress

blacktopwater.jpg

Recent Assets

  • IMGP0990.JPG
  • IMGP0987.JPG
  • IMGP0985.JPG
  • IMGP0983.JPG
  • IMGP0980.JPG
  • IMGP0972.JPG
  • IMGP0957.JPG
  • IMGP0954.JPG
  • IMGP0924.JPG
  • IMGP0876.JPG

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.