progress

Many steps were involved in each of my collage boards. A layer of gesso was roughly applied. colors of water paint applied to desired areas. tissue paper plain white and clothing pattern tissue paper roughly glued. Reapplied paint to give to areas. printed images I drew (8) of muskie fishing lures. I drew them with prismacolor markers on tracing paper to give water color look, scanned to computer, did some digital changes. Printed and did gel transfer to the each board. The newspaper glued is from a fishing article on "catch and release". Once glued, I tore the edges. I bought the Golden Cracking Gel, applied to the edge of board. Further, the images from a digital sonar depth finder printed and transferred. One of my challenges, I made a page of pictures of my family and I holding up our fish. I printed on transparent paper, trying to do a transfer from transparent paper did not work. The board had too rough of a surface, the images did not transfer right. Another challenge was the wait for layers to dry so I could continue to the next step. Otherwise I am impressed with what I have done so far.

This page contains a single entry by nels6698 published on April 1, 2010 2:42 PM.

working progress was the previous entry in this blog.

Prismacolor Markers is the next entry in this blog.