« Blog #2 | Main | Blog #4 »

Blog #3

An End to Poverty and World Hunger...

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional." ~ Greta Randolph

Playlist
Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne
Yellow - Coldplay
How to Save a Life - The Fray
Best Days - Grahm Colton
Pictures of You - The Last Goodnight
Time is Running Out - Muse
Give It All - Rise Against
Stand in the Rain - Superchick

These are all songs I listen to when I'm upset or sad. Something in these songs just makes me feel better. In some, its the lyrics; in others its just the melody or sound of the song. A few of the titles are self explanatory. A
part of the song "Yellow," by Coldplay, really reminded me of my topic of poverty and world hunger. "your skin, yeah your skin and bones, turned in to something beautiful"
With our help, these people who are only skin and bones can turn in to something beautiful.

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not." ~ Epicurus

piggies.jpg
duck.jpg

These are photos of my friends and I messing around with food. We had a great time and half that food probably went to waste. People are starving in this world and we really never think about this. Somebody would have been so grateful to have that food and we took it completely for granted. Everyone's mother has probably said "finish your dinner, there are starving children in this world!" to them. This went in one ear and out the other at the time. I probably had some smart ass reply like, "well why don't you mail them my dinner then? I don't want it!" The issue of poverty and world hunger has never been something that I've really thought about. It needs to be made much more public.

Poverty and world hunger is an issue that needs to be taken on. Our nation needs to be informed of these issues. Its happening in America as well as around the world. We need to open our eyes and focus on someone other than ourselves. These people need help.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad." ~ Aldous Huxley