Recently in BA and BFA Exhibits Category

The Moose and the Healing Hands

I had no idea I would find a life-size moose right when I walked into the gallery. I expected paintings on the wall (which there were) and nothing out of the ordinary. But I know now that art galleries are far from ordinary. The moose is quite unique itself. I'm not sure what it's made of but it doesn't seem very sturdy. I wanted to push it over but that would mean trouble for me. Anyway, the moose looks very interesting and even more so because there isn't a description or story about it. It forced me to make my own story about it. My story is that the moose was a fragile, lonely moose with no where to go. If there is no story behind it, the moose is still somewhat interesting because it is so realistic.

The healing hands is what this art piece is called. At first, it looked like the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. Black floating hands suspended in the air isn't something that I would see everyday. After I looked at the piece some more, it kind of resembles the hand that I faced in Super Smash Bros. But in this case, the hands are peaceful, healing hands. The hands are very interesting in the fact that I have no clue what they are doing. It might be easier if the healing hands were actually healing something instead of just floating in the air but it is still a very interesting piece. I don't know if this is a good idea but maybe the hands could be different colors to resemble different things like love, hate, or peace.