Recently in Chambers Art Piece Critique Category

Art Piece from Chambers

Photobucket

When I first glanced at this piece, I had no idea what it was. All I knew was that it was shiny and it looked like a bush. And that is pretty much what it is. There were probably hundreds and hundreds of these metal strands clustered together. Was it ordinary? No. Was it art? Yes.
There were so many different and unique art pieces at the hotel so much that it was hard to pick my favorite. I chose Gupta's piece as my favorite because of its texture and 3-dimensional presence. If it wasn't for the rope, I would most certainly touch it. Another thought that was running through my mind was if the piece had fell from the wall. I could imagine all those metal pieces on the floor and all the people vigorously trying to pick them up. Most of the other art pieces were just paintings and would not have been as painstakingly difficult to put back together Gupta's piece. Getting back to the 3-D aspect, this piece look like it would hurt if you ran into it. It's dangerous but yet so peaceful on the wall. I believe this particular piece gets a lot of attention because it is so close to the entrance. You pretty much have to walk by it if you want to continue through the hotel.
This piece can relate to me in several ways. It is calm, modern, and unique just like me. It also took its time to assemble itself. There are a lot of pieces that make up the whole picture. On the outside, it looks very sophisticated. But in the inside, it is rather simple. All of these can relate to me and that is why I chose to write about this piece.