Rapture- Extraordinary Claim or proven?

I came across an article on the Rapture and the claim is there is an event in the doctrine from Christianity, in which they believe that Christians are to be raised into the air to meet Christ at his second visit; and many believe that this will occur prior to the "world ending" which will beset those remaining on Earth.

I've always been skeptical when it comes to these types of things, because they said this and that and it never happened. It is stated, "Thessalonians 4:15-17, in which Paul cites "the word of the Lord" about the return of Jesus to gather his saints:
...and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air."

In my opinion there is no evidence to support this belief. Since the Thessalonians 4:15-17 said what it said, but it does not mean we will all die. We can never predict the future when it comes to Religion(what will happen) but we can predict Science and how our earth works, etc.

blog-picture.bmp

http://extraordinarybus.wordpress.com/2010/09/21/rapture/

Recent Comments

• summershariet@yahoo.co.uk: This is a belief that I do not share exactly, read more

Recent Assets

• blog-picture.bmp

Tag Cloud