« Welcome | Main | June 9, 2008 »

1st Week in June

Hello,

It is the first week in June! Some of the interns have been on the job a couple of weeks, while others are just starting or will start next week. Each week there will be a new question, which we will discuss on the blog. If you have suggestions for the question, please email me at nhegland@umn.edu.

The question for this week is:

What have you found most surprising about your summer intern role?

I look forward to reading your comments!

Have a great day!

Nancy Hegland

I would have to say that the most surprising thing about my summer intern role is the ammount of out of office stuff I wil get to do. Like camps and running the fashion review show at fair! It's going to be a fun summer!

I love the independence that this internship provides. The ability to plan my own day camps, and workshops etc. is something that not very many interns get to experience. I can't wait to get started!

I also enjoy the ability to do alot of my own planning. It's nice being able to have the choice to utilize what others have done in the past or coming up with something new that will interest the children and yourself.

I would say that the most surprising thing about my summer intern role is how many things I get to plan on my own. I think this part of the internship will really help me in the future. I am excited to get everything started!

This is my second year as a summer intern and I am not overly surprised by any of the things that have been presented to me. I am, however, greatful to be given more independence this year in a new county. I am excited and happy about the things that I will be doing.

I’ve also found it surprising how much independence I get when planning day camps and other activities. I enjoy being creative and thinking of different ways to make the camps the best they can be. I also have been enjoying all of the smaller tasks done around the office, such as, some laundry and map-making. A great start to the internship.