« June 24th | Main | July 8th »

June 30th

Good Morning,

It's great to read all the comments on the U of M 4-H Summer Intern blog! Thanks for checking it out and adding comments. Please feel free to send me any suggestions for the question of the week. I will be looking for any ideas or suggestions, which would be valuable to you as an intern.

The final National 4-H Mission Mandate that will be featured relates to Youth Leadership. As most of you know, there are many opportunities for youth of all ages to have a leadership role in 4-H programs. Whether you are a younger member taking on a role with your clubs service learning project or serving as an officer, there is certainly a need for leadership. The statewide 4-H Youth Leadership Initiative team has been working together since January 2007. During this time we have researched many publications, developed core competencies, and are in the process of setting up a pilot program for youth leadership this fall. We will also be working with the Grow Green Leadership trips at the MN State Fair, as well as Youth Leadership conference judging. If you have any questions regarding the MN 4-H Youth Leadership initiative, feel free to contact Brian McNeill at mcnei006@umn.edu or myself. Brian and I co-chair this team.

This weeks question:

What types of programs are you doing in the area of Youth Leadership?

Have a great week and enjoy the 4th of July!

Nancy