Who Wants To Ride The Bandwagon?

Isn't it ridiculous how often the bandwagon fallacy affects our society? People shift back and forth between trends, favorite sports teams and beliefs all because their peers' opinions. I thought this part of the first chapter was the most interesting because it has the most impact on our lives. The Detroit Lions of the National Football League is a great example because they used to be an awful team, but this past season they made a drastic turnaround and everyone jumped on their bandwagon, but jumped off when they lost in the playoffs.
Psych Blog 1 Pic Detroit Lions.jpg
Most of chapter one focused on the different theories and theoretical perspectives of the psychological world. The five perspectives were explained in explicit detail and learning about their components and founders brought further clarity and created a sound foundation for the teachings of this class.The chapter also included the history of psychology which was interesting as well because it helps explain almost every human decision ever made.
Psych Blog 1 Pic William James.jpg

Perhaps Lions fans were simply more noticeable when the team started doing well and didn't openly cheer before because they were ashamed of the team? Sorry, but I take that one a bit personally because I've been a Lions fan since I was young (I grew up in MI)...