Photograph Man

Momento
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq9eM4ZXRgs See preview here.

Hollywood loves to take real life to the extreme. In the movie Momento, a man named Lenny has "short term memory loss". Although this works beautifully in the movie to make a interesting plot it is hardly a model of real life. In the movie his short term memory last for minutes, if only we were all so lucky. The average person's short term memory last for only a couple of seconds. How do you think life would be if human's short term memories lasted that long?

I feel that you did a good job with your analysis. Its interesting to think how much better students would be at test taking if their short term memories lasted that long. Also, would humans make more scientific breakthroughs if we had better short term memories. It is funny how far off base Hollywood can be with their statistical information. This was a very good blog.

This was a very interesting post, I also read another blog relating memory loss to a movie however it was far more accurate than this movie. It would be great to have short term memory last for minutes. I would do way better on all my tests if it did. You make a good point in saying that it makes a much more interesting plot line for having his Short term memory last minutes, however I feel that movies should try to portray more accurate information in them.

Love the picture. Memento is a really good movie, but like you said, what the main character experiences can never happen. Life would be awesome if we could have 5 minute long short-term memories. It would make school much easier that is for sure. Quizzes would be too easy because all you would have to do is read over your notes once right before you take the quiz and by the time your STM is up you would have already completed the quiz! Unfortunately tests would not work out though because they take too long...

It would be awesome if short term memory was really that long. I feel like a lot of areas in my life would improve, especially school. I would also be less likely to make mistakes as I would remember things better. It is interesting how off some movies can be, you would think that they would check the facts first to make sure that their movie would be possible and make sense.

I wish that we had longer short term memories! I feel like I am forgetting stuff constantly. Thats a really good example of how hollywood can take something that really does exist, but bring it to an unrealistic level.

You have a very interesting approach by including a movie. I think it will be very cool if we can have longer short term memory.

Cool idea to relate this idea to a movie! I've personally never seen the movie, but you did a good job analyzing and going in depth about how it realtes to psychology. It is also interesting to add the point of how Hollywood and show biz make certain things hardly realistic at all.

Interesting! I saw this movie last year, and I think this movie is good! What if my short-term memory lasted only for couple of minutes, it would be cool to me. I think this could make me forget the bad thing that I have and live happier everyday. And for the good think, I would quickly write down them on my diary. And I agree that movie sometimes go extreme beyond reality. All in all, nice blog!

Very cool relation, also good movie, I think that having a stronger short-term memory would be extremely beneficial, being able to glance at a something and being able to retain it longer would be amazing. great to also point out how hollywood can something like short term memory and just blow it out of proportion like that.
very interesting post good work!

Very cool relation, also good movie, I think that having a stronger short-term memory would be extremely beneficial, being able to glance at a something and being able to retain it longer would be amazing. great to also point out how hollywood can take something like short term memory and just blow it out of proportion like that.
very interesting post good work!