Bad weight loss plans

Vote 1 Vote

In the US we have thousands of American struggling with there weight. America is overweight and people get upset with there body especially around summer time. So people try every trick in the book just to lose some weight for summer, spring breaks and a bunch of other reasons. This can actually cause problem for certain people because Believe it or not, there are bad ways to lose weight. The two terms that come to my mind when thinking about bad weight loss plans are bulimia and anorexia. The book defines bulimia as a eating disorder associated with a pattern of bingering and purging in an effort to lose or maintain weight, and anorexia as a eating disorder associated with excessive weight loss and the irrational perception that one is overweight. Bulimia (most common eating disorder) becomes very dangerous because after eating a big size meal the person will then force them self to vomit and when that happens they are making it so they do not get right nutrition. The people that have balimia are usually young women who are perfectionists with low self-esteem. Anorexia isn't as common as bulimia however it is just as dangerous. Anorexia is a mental issue when people who aren't overweight have the feeling or think that they are overweight so they try not to eat, or eat very little. Anorexia patients are very skinny and suffer from not getting the right nutrition. There are good ways and bad ways to lose weight. and unfortunately the easiest ways to lose weight (bulimia and anorexia) are extremely bad for you. So if you are looking to lose weight make sure you pick a healthy weight lose program. anorexia-2.jpg

Any person who is overweight would want that ideal body. Therefore, the diet becomes a solution to get the ideal body weight. But in running the program choose a program of good diet and do not interfere with our health.
http://www.mealplansforweightloss2.com/meal-plans-for-weight-loss.htm

I wonder if anorexia is becoming as popular as bulimia but it is just going undetected as much. I think it is easier to see the signs of bulimia more so than anorexia. I do think that they are both extremely dangerous and should never be a method for losing weight. Healthy diets and exercise can go a long way not only for a healthy body but for a healthy mind as well.

Nowadays this is a global problem, most of the people want to have the ideal body, but we do not want to realize that the only reason for that is the food we eat. We have to have a healthier life if we want to have a healthier and good shaped body.

London

This picture is very haunting. I don't think some people realize how big of a problem this actually is. I have had multiple friends who suffer from both of these diseases and we really should be raising awareness about this issue.

I agree with note0033 that there should be more awareness of these issues because I feel that most people see bulimia and anorexia as "Issues" not mental illnesses and as life threatening. however I do know that there are tons of rehab and facilities across the nation that aim to help people with eating disorders.
interesting post!

Before reading the chapter I had always thought that anorexia was the most common eating disorder due to the way it has been portrayed in the media, but this made me realize that bulimia is not only used to lose weight, but also to maintain weight, so some people suffering from bulimia do not look emaciated like all anorexics do. Regardless, that picture is just awful.

I think it's important to note that there are many factors that are relatively out of our control that can lead to eating disorders. It's not always a matter of a girl trying to lose weight, but sometimes genetic factors can come into play. It's also usually considered a mental disorder, not something that is really physical.

It is very sad to see people, dealing with this type of situation. I really do believe people that those people suffer with anorexia and bulimia are not people that are dieting but people that are suffering of real mental issues. I wish people judged them less and tried to help them more. Also, I hope people will understand that male suffer of this as well. I attached a video of this male model that died because of this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIFAoRU1veo
Thank you for raising this issue. Nice article!!

Really glad you chose this topic to write about- eating disorders are scary and definitely very relevant in today's society! Especially because of the media, people are getting the wrong ideas in their minds about what is healthy and what is not. I do believe that bulimia and anorexia can begin as a simple wight loss solution, but I believe that those with this illness is a lot more mental than that.

I think a main source of bulimia and anorexia is the media. People who are said to be beautiful are mainly the skinny ones. Although obese people are also at risk for health problems, it is definitely not to the degree of bulimia and anorexia. So many commercials on TV are for weight loss and diet programs, and I think it sends a bad message to those who are not the size of a model.

I believe that this is a very serious problem that many Americans are facing today. I do believe that there is a strong influence by mental disorders that cause these disorders. I think that it is very important that children are taught at a young age not only the harm in developing these misconceptions about their bodies, but it is very important that they are taught the correct ways to lose weight. Very good post.

I think it is amazing that societal pressures can actually create mental diseases and cause people to go to these lengths just to remain at what they perceive as a 'healthy' weight. Excellent post!

Very well written article. It is amazing to me the people who are so obsessed about their looks that they make themselves sick so that they can "fit in" to society. It is very sad that they feel so pressured to the point where they fall into these terrible diseases.

Interesting topic definitely! I always try to keep health as well as keep weight. If I only can choose one, I think I will choose healthy. Healthy is a new sexy! Haha.

A bit of a sad topic but also a very common one. It is very unfortunate that so many people suffer from eating disorders, but with so many social pressures about having the correct body type, it can be difficult not to listen to them. As you say, if people are trying to loose weight the must do it through appropriate methods which there are many of. I would argue against that bulimia and anorexia are the easiest ways to loose weight. Both put a very strong mental and physical strain on the body that a regular healthy diet would not. Hopefully people choose wisely when deciding to loose weight.

Dangerous dieting is so common in America, mostly because we perceive the perfect women to be thin. This unreal expectation for everyone to be thin comes from pressure from the media and society. I think it is important to talk about the dangers of this type of dieting and promote healthier dieting and having a good perception of your body. Super interesting blog!

Being overweight can also affect a person's joints, breathing, sleep, mood, and energy levels. This particular part of the brain is the reason for cravings due to the way in which it just doesn't like you to change. Among those many questions expecting mothers have one of the most universal is how much weight should be gained in the first trimester, and while the question seems simple enough there is no one specific number. If you don't, you could find yourself suffering from health problems such as heart disease, high blood pressure, anxiety, depression, stroke, chronic headaches, and insomnia.

Yeah, I agree that bad weight loss plan may do more harm so a well balanced diet and exercise plan is required besides pro and cons should be kept in mind prior to follow any plan.

15 Useful Tip to Lose Weight Naturally