It's All Around

Psychology has been long, tough, and full of information. That is why it is so difficult to choose just one concept that is most memorable for me. But if I had to choose, I would probably pick classical conditioning. Why? For two main reasons: the first, is that it is all around us, the second, is the sheer power of classical conditioning. So how is classical conditioning all around us? Commercials, magazine adds, billboards, and just about every other type of advertisement work on the basic principles of classical conditioning, it's that simple. Often times ads use attractive people, or humor, to make the viewer feel longing, or joy. This longing, or joy, from the stimulus is often paired with the product of which is being marketed, in turn, making the consumer like, or have longing for, the product without even knowing it. It is incredible to see the power of classical conditioning at work. It can make dogs salivate to the sound of a bell, children fear white rats, and adults buy a certain type of beer. Can you think of any more examples of classical conditioning? Check out the attached video to see classical conditioning at its finest!

Great choice of things to take with you! As is the case with classical conditioning, I feel like a lot of our learning in psychology class was just explaining the science behind things we experience every day!

I liked your video! And I agree that classical conditioning is an interesting topic. It's crazy that someone can make you do something by just making a noise!

This was a really interesting blog! Psychology has been a long and tough course, and it makes sense to blog about Classical Conditioning since that was one of the subjects that we spent the most time on. You gave some very strong examples of classical conditioning and I loved the commercial too!

I haven't thought about it that way, but you're right. Classical conditioning literally is everywhere around us. It's crazy to think that every day we are being classically conditioned without even knowing it. Good video choice! Well done.

This was the perfect way to present examples of how we can find classical conditioning everywhere in our everyday lives! The video was an awesome way to show how this concept works, and how ads do use humor to make the viewer feel longing or joy.

I think this is a very interesting topic! It's crazy to see how much it works! We just got a new puppy and it's crazy how well it works with training! Great Post!