Recently in 3_Collaborative Category

Mardi Gras Event Analysis

The flash mob sense of our event was great. People who were sitting in the lounge were very surprised at the sudden noise and dancing. I noticed some perspective families that were getting into with accepting beads and candy and watching. Someone sitting next to me was sleeping, and didn't appreciate the excitement our group had for Mardi Gras.

Having masks to hand out was good to get people more into the dancing, and spirit of Mardi Gras. It was mostly other art students that took them, but it was good to get more people involved. The parade back to the Library was good to, many students in the hall gave us a little cheer in celebration.

Some things that could have gone better, it would have been nice to have more of an abrupt start, to really startle people. The music started and people slowly got up. Part of it, was the stage was there and didn't give a good stage for our dancers, so we couldn't really stand around them. Since the stage was set up though, we could have mixed a video with the music to make it more digital and remixed.

After all of us did group brainstorming, I personally helped a lot with making an actual plan, what we were going to do and weed out the ideas that weren't as successful or would be hard to accomplish without a budget or more planning time. That way we actually had a reasonable plan we could accomplish and start working on making our masks and making a list of things we needed. Lauren helped out a lot after that to make a very detailed plan for the event. I helped make a bunch of masks to hand out to people, and getting those organized to hand out with strings on all of them. Once our group came up with a plan it was easier to get stuff done. When we decided on the flash mob idea versus starting with a parade, there was more excitement and involvement from the group.

Overall, I think the event was fun and we accomplished our flash mob idea, and had a good time dancing. One more thing that would have been nice would be to have more people dancing, or a shorter song. I noticed that some people that were in the lounge left after a little while, because they weren't sure how long we would be, and a lot of the art students started to stand around. With a more focused "mini-event" or shorter time, it would have been good. Handing out masks and candy was a good way to get more involved and the excitement higher.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the 3_Collaborative category.

2_CopyWRONG is the previous category.

About this Blog is the next category.