Recently in Digital Focus Category

My Plan

Here is an image that I am thinking about using watercolor as a base and doing the image transfers over.

watercolor.png

Image Transfer images

Here are some images that I found that use image transfers.

url-2.jpeg

url-3.jpeg

dscn3734.jpeg

friendcopy.jpeg

Polaroid Image Transfer

This is done differently than the inkjet transparency. Polaroid Image Transfer is the way a lot of artists are using image transfer. I will be using transparencies for my digital focus.

Image Transfer Artists

Peter G. Balazsy uses image transfer in his work. I like the full color images of these with the grunge look behind it.

Kathleen Carr is a photographer that uses polaroid image transfer of her photos.

Here are image transfers done by Marek Uliasz.

Image Transfer Artist

Here is an artist Lesley Riley, who uses image transfer with quilts and books. She also has tips on image transfer on her website.

Artist

I found this British artist Deborah Schenck who uses image transfer in her art.

I really like her style. This is similar to something I would like to do. Here are some images of her work.

Sepia Peony Print.jpeg

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

More Ideas

I found these images that are similar styles in what I want to do.

This first one is similar in style to what I would like to do. The subject matter is different than what I like. The high contrast between the transfer image and the textured background is what I like about it.
url.jpeg

This second image is again similar. I like how they took music sheets and transfered an image over that. the grunge style of the paper makes it look very interesting.
url-1.jpeg

This last image I like because of the elegance of it. I'm thinking that I want to do something that is "classy" or elegant looking.
draft_lens2150503module11261181photo_1251116763digitale-transfer.jpeg

I found this blog that talks a lot about image transfers, which is helpful. It has many examples of what you can transfer onto and how to do it.
Blog

Here is the video of how I will most likely be doing the image transfers.
Video

Digital Focus Idea

My idea for digital focus is to do a series of posters with digital transfers on canvas or fabric that has water color on it. I attached a link from Joellyn's blog that closely relates to what I want to do. I like the high contrast of a black image over a watercolor background.

Blog

Digital Monoprint Transfers.jpeg

Preliminary Idea

My idea for the digital focus is to work with printing on different materials or transfer images. I'm not sure on my subject matter, I am thinking about working on a UROP about sex trafficking and I might want to use that as my subject matter, making awareness about this issue.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Digital Focus category.

About this Blog is the previous category.

Focus Critique 1 is the next category.