y'all suck

Seriously, y'all: I did not like hearing all that whining that went on last Thursday in class. It was, for the most part, straight-up bullshit. Everyone, and I mean everyone, in our class is in the situation that they're in because of the work, or lack thereof, that they did. Take responsibility for your own actions or inaction. If you've put off doing the work, don't blame the class and don't blame Kirsten. You knew what you were going to have to do when you took the job and signed up for the class. No, it's not perfect, but nothiing is, and neither are any of us. I'm not brown-nosing here, but if anyone has dug themself into a hole, it's me. If anyone has a right to complain about the hand they've been dealt over the last few months, it's me. And I'm not. So shut up, grow up, and deal with it.
Sure, a few of us--myself included--have slacked off a bit over the past few weeks. That's normal and it's nothing to be ashamed of. But blaming someone else for your less-than-ideal body of work when you've had the time to do it is something to be ashamed of.
So let's all grow up, deal with the reality of our situations, and work TOGETHER to make this writing center the best that we can. Maybe that sounds a little cheesy, but whatever.

at December 12, 2005 1:01 PM