« Jason Moran "In My Mind: Monk at Town Hall 1959" | Main | Summer at Northrop June Lineup »

Summer at Northrop '09

The lineup for the highly anticipated free outdoor summer concerts is finally here.

Summer at Northrop

The warm weather is finally here to stay! And you know what that means… it’s time for Summer at Northrop free outdoor concerts. Celebrating its 55th Anniversary, this two month series offers a wide variety of music spanning many cultures and genres including reggae, hip hop, jazz, and salsa (to name a few). Presented by Summer Session and Northrop, all concerts are on the Northrop Plaza from noon to 1 pm starting Thursday, June 11.

The official kick off party is on Monday, June 15 featuring the New Primitives, an energetic reggae band with a Latino rock twist. Complimentary Jimmy Johns sandwich samples will be served while supplies last. Also, enter to win numerous prizes donated from local organizations.

Full lineup

Follow us on Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter for updates

I was wondering why you don't have Art Kistler on the schedule this summer? I saw him last year do his Elvis show...it was soooo good. Let me know. Thanks.