TV for your dog

Filmakers have created a TV show just for man's best friend. DogTV is eight-hours of on-demand cable TV programming designed to keep your dog relaxed, stimulated and entertained while you are at work, reported the Associated Press.

The show, currently airing to over a million viewers with two different cable companies in San Diego, is doing so well that PTV Media will offer it nationally in the next few months, Gilad Neumann, chief executive officer of DogTV, said to Associated Press.

It will cost about $4.99 a month, Neumann said. More than 46 million U.S. households have dogs (according to the American Pet Products Association) and 97 percent of U.S. homes have televisions.

To get the footage, camermen shoot "from the point of view of the dog," Neumann said. They then mute colors, alter sound and add music specially written for dogs. The show will have no commercials, ratings or reruns.

Mary Catania of San Diego is the owner of a year-old French bulldog that has been watching the show for a month and snorts and grunts his approval, she told the Associated Press.

"I always feel guilty leaving him alone all day when I'm at work," Catania said. "He's like my kid. I don't have any children so I really treat him like my child. Anything that makes him happy makes me happy."

The sights and sounds of the shows are muted, changed and added to accomodate the hearing level of dogs, their inability to see red and green, and incorporate stimulation and relaxtion patterns based on dog sleeping habits. New technology may be used to include smell as part of the programming.

I love pet gadgets. I have a dog and I am also feeling bad when I am at work all day long and he is alone at home. So i think this Dog TV will do a great job for me. I can not wait to see this show. Recently I've watched some kind of a future project of a Robot Pet Care- a robot to feed and play with your pet while you are gone. Thank you for sharing this post wit us.
London