Week 3: Culture Clash

Part One: Bangers and Mash and Other Ridiculous Names for Food

If we American's corner the world market in comfort food, the British corner the market of the absolutely bland. I can only assume that this is why they have had to come up with some of the most inventive names for food I have ever heard. One example is 'Toad in the Hole'. Gee, that sounds appetizing. Here are a few more that will put you off your lunch:

Bangers and Mash: Sausages and mashed potatoes

Black Pudding: Found out this is not pudding at all but a disgusting mixture of pig blood and other things I don't want to mention

Wet Nelly: Bread pudding

Pork Scratchings: Breaded and fried pieces of pork

Now onto their candy, or "sweets" as they so cleverly call them. I am awestruck by one especially creepy candy called "Mr. Tickles" in which the said candy has extremely long arms to supposedly tickle and hug young children. All I can say to this is: so does Slender Man.

Part Two:
Another Fascinating Interview: Courtesy of Two Lovely Neighbors

What is the best or most influential TV show?
Neighbor 1: Friends.
Neighbor 2: Desperate Housewives!

What are words that I mispronounce?
Neighbor 1: Oregano. It's Or-eh-gah-no
Neighbor 2: Tomato, Apricot and Beautiful

What are the grossest American foods?
Neighbor 1: Sloppy joes!
ME: Ironically just had my flatmate make me some

What do you think our "Uni's" are like?
Neighbor 1: Expensive!
Neighbor 2: Based on sports.
ME: All true.

Do you think American's are more noticeable than other tourists?
Neighbor 1: Not until you open your mouth!

Where do you get your opinions about our culture?
Neighbor 2: Music, movies like Mean Girls

What is one thing you do not like about the United States?
Neighbor 2: How everyone has guns.

What do you like?
Neighbor 2: Everyone seems friendly and cheerful.

AND THE ALL-IMPORTANT QUESTION:
Do you think the U.K. views the United States as growing or declining?
Neighbor 1: I don't really know, but I think they are growing over here as far as entertainment.
ME: *laughs* Good answer!

Up Next: The Differences between a Bar and a Pub, or How British People Have Normalized Alcohol Poisoning, and What I Believe the British Really Do on Their Long Lunch Breaks

A mixture of power-runner Stevan Ridley, slot-man Danny Amendola, and the best snug end corps in the NFL give New England a good crime that may be nearly impossible to help have. The thing is retaining in which mix.

You made some nice points there. I looked on the internet for the subject and found most guys will consent with your blog.

All the colors should be valentino shoes close to one another and diff mcm bags for men er smoothly

Sully and Mike Wakowski first became popular after becoming in Monsters Inc. Audiences will fall in love with them again when we get to see what they were like when ostrich pillow kickstarter they were younger and back at school learning their trade. isn't t

It's just are likely to,chanel boots

One very sound accessor chanel boots ies that should be considered w roger vivier sandals ith the use of a down bag is a sleeping pad. Pads are available from a variety of manufacturers in distinctive styles. A foam pad will mainly feature an eggcrate design and will roll up for storage giuseppe zanotti outlet and tran

Glass milk bottle chanel jelly sandals s are a better solution than the plastic bags

If your bag travels,chan ostrich pillow on sale el jelly sandals, It's doubtless going to be jostled around a bit. Seek out a bag that give handy dividers to keep your clubs, especially those graphite ones, From giuseppe zanotti replica clashing with and potentially damaging one ano

These bags cannot be as well as completely recycled

4. inside-out asan chanel sneakers a postures work wonders for dark isabel marant shop circles. Try doing the sarvangasana on a daily basis. according to Alix, The film was selected due to director impressive vision of a dark journey into the bottom chanel shoes of human soul along with outsta

Oxidative stress was analyzed i isabel marant sneakers n bone marrow and serum

value aside,isabel ma chanel espadrilles rant sneakers, Both crocodile and alligator handbags are highly desirable fashion accessories and have been for well over a hundred years. The durability of the skins makes it possible chanel boots to find a vintage alligator or croco

It was assumed giuseppe zanotti sneakers which your blood lactate was normal

simply, When other fish eat ostrich pillow for sale the fish with the toxins inside their health, They absorb the plastic particles into their health, just too. cosmetic acts as poison, And a large number of sea life have died a mcm purse lready. The plastic works its way along wi

Let me immediately snatch the feed while i cannot to seek out the e-mail request hyperlink as well as e-newsletter program. Conduct you might have almost any? I implore you to let everyone know so that I could signed up. Thank you.

47764 399075I like this weblog quite considerably, Its a rattling good billet to read and uncover information . 603584

Nice and entertaining blog, how I wish I can create a high entertaining blog like this one. Though the interview part is funny, they all mirror what a typical American is. Let me add this one culture, what is the first thing will pop up on your head when you saw an American college kid with a tattoo on his hand and a piercing on his nose? Alcohol and drugs right? Band stream is also a first choice, but consider that thing a secondary one). That’s the problem of our fellow American kids facing today. And for me, that’s one major reason why some neighboring country looks us in such a negative way. Many youths today are abusing their bodies by taking in unwanted drugs. I think the government must exert more effort to demolish this bad habit in our country. Maybe a much advanced rehabilitation treatment center like this one, http://www.slideserve.com/PhillipRyan/substance-abuse-recovery, this is a presentation of the rehab center which one my colleagues used to admit to, will help addicts to reshape his future and is a first step to outrigger this dilemma. Thank you again for this wonderful post, overall nice job. Kudos to you!

Nice and entertaining blog, how I wish I can create a high entertaining blog like this one. Though the interview part is funny, they all mirror what a typical American is. Let me add this one culture, what is the first thing will pop up on your head when you saw an American college kid with a tattoo on his hand and a piercing on his nose? Alcohol and drugs right? Band stream is also a first choice, but consider that thing a secondary one). That’s the problem of our fellow American kids facing today. And for me, that’s one major reason why some neighboring country looks us in such a negative way. Many youths today are abusing their bodies by taking in unwanted drugs. I think the government must exert more effort to demolish this bad habit in our country. Maybe a much advanced rehabilitation treatment center like this one, http://www.slideserve.com/PhillipRyan/substance-abuse-recovery , this is a presentation of the rehab center which one my colleagues used to admit to, will help addicts to reshape his future and is a first step to outrigger this dilemma. Thank you again for this wonderful post, overall nice job. Kudos to you!

Or cherry lumber,chanel espadrille chanel espadrilles fake s f pandora bracelet charms ake

I want to break the big bag into a good number of smaller bags, piecing together enough for a meal in each bag. I wondered how to best freeze them to prevent freezer burn and help them to last. wouldn't it be b bridestowe bear singapore est to wrap each serving in foil and then thro

You could possibly invest a long time attempting to know how everything there is to know about webhosting, yet if you have actually read this high then you ought to be armed with the standard know-how you need to recognize exactly what various web hosts are providing you.

economical finely composted,tiger hubschrauber

Headandneck tiger hubschrauber cancer l valentino studded flats acks specific symptoms and has a large number of clinical phenotypes so that patients often turn to a doctor or a dentist first,valentino studded flats, rather than a HNC specialist. at the same time,pandora charm bracelet, a dia pandora charm bracelet g

Chili or stew and freeze it in quartsize freezer cooler bags,louis vuitton outl louis vuitton outlet online et online

it is possible to acquire "New utilizing tags"(NWT) stuff that syma toys have never ever been utilised and till have the authentic tags on them with garment bags and all. You will be stunned at the amount of discounte wandtattoo pusteblume d