A BLOG start

Greetings! This is the first entry into a blog that will deal with forest health issues, especially those related to pathogens of trees. This is a first step for me to try to foment conversation related to my chosen profession of forest pathology. I won't promise to answer questions about tree-related problems, because, frankly, there are just way to many of you, and only the one of me. My employer, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, has some ideas about what they want me to be spending my time doing. Unfortunately, answering questions posed by the vast multitudes of people with an interest in trees is not one of them.

However, since I'm doing this on my own time, I may, from time to time, make exceptions to that rule. My true goal here though, is to provide a space for people to find resources related to tree problems caused by pathogens, and perhaps some additional information about what I call "hazard trees" which are trees that pose a threat to either public health (i.e., an individual being hit on the head by a branch) or property damage. But more on that later...

For my first recommendation, I would like to refer you to the excellent site maintained by one of my colleagues, Jim Worrall, at the web page devoted to Forest and Shade Tree Pathology

Posted by obrie088 at 3:44 PM