The Long Kiss Goodnight AKA Get the Fuck Away From Me, Pervert

Have I neglected my blog the past week or so?

Certainly.

Have I done so because I was pretty sure I already had the requisite number of posts and comments, and had other, more pressing things to do?

Certainly.

Am I posting this final entry right now to avoid finishing up a paper that's due in, oh, nine hours?

Certainly.

But, sometimes when you give a mouse a cookie, that's the way it crumbles.

Or something sensible.

Anyhoooooo, seems like others are trying to give some sort of wrap-up thingy. I'd try to do a similar thing, but you and I both know that it would deteriorate into unnecessarily melodramatic drivel, full of exaggerated self-deprecation and a barely concealed egotism. Fun lists of music aside, however, I thought I should at least post one last semi-substantive blog.

First, though, I'd like to say that trying to write a thoughtful paper in which I needed to closely analyze a song by Godspeed You Black Emperor! has been very difficult with one of my roommates watching "Tears of the Sun" on a different computer in the same room with me. Now, I haven't seen the movie, so maybe it's the best thing since sliced bread and gum disease, but from the brief glimpses I've had of it, it seems a hell of a lot like a "African=Bad, Bruce Willis/Josh Hartnett/Some other dumbass cracker=Good" movie, which just frustrates me. It also frustrates me that my roommate would decide to be awake now instead of sleeping. I wish I was sleeping.

Oh, how cute - it appears now that the primitive Africans are exchanging meaningful glances with a bloodied and dour Bruce Willis, no doubt signifying a brave new chapter in human communication, understanding, and compassion.

*Mutters obscenities under breath*

Well, it's been fun, Blog-O-Land, and I'm sorry you've had to put up with my ridiculously obtuse and unnecessary words about nothing much at all. If I was cooler, I'd quote Macbeth, but, as I've provided ample evidence for throughout the semester, cool I ain't.

Good class + Good people + Good blogs + Good &c = Good times

OR (as I doodled on my notebook in my night class earlier today):

Square + Circle = Triangle

(Though my original equation was solely a pictorial)

Well, folks, there you have it. My final chance to say something ground-breaking, or at least slightly profound, or at least somewhat meaningful, or at least mostly non-stupid, and I've gone and fucked it up.

Sure has been fun, though.

Be seeing you.

Posted by obst0008 at December 10, 2004 2:38 AM