Blog Prompt #8 and #9

mdg.jpg

For the blog prompt 8 and 9, we have to give peer view for other group’s Millennium Development Goal. In the lecture, honor students’ MDG was presented and they were all nice. Among 8 goals in MDG, I really liked goal 2, achieve universal primary education. Their region was Africa and they were talking about educating children in Africa with laptop. Teaching them how to use internet, they are able to obtain information about anything they want and know what is going on today. The most impressive for their MDG, I think you would agree with me if you saw their MDG, is that they actually brought laptop that children in Africa are using for education. It was one of the policies that the firm provides $100 laptops to every single student. However, while I was listening and watching their MDG, if I had a chance to give them feedback was that it would be much better if they could prepare more policies. They were focusing on only one policy and gave bunch of background.
Their MDG was just great and if I were their TA, I will give them A.

In our discussion class, I would like to give peer view to group who did the goal 2; achieve universal primary education. They did the presentation with their final paper, not with the PowerPoint or Adobe Reader. Their design of the paper was very nice. Like a booklet, it seemed all the information was well organized. However, since they did not present their MDG with PowerPoint or Adobe Reader, it was hard for me to listen what they were talking about. I was not able to read their MDG but only listened what they were saying. That’s why I quiet did not understand what their MDG was about. It could be much better if they prepared PowerPoint or Adobe Reader.

Journal #4

wash.bmp
On the fourth day of volunteering at the Washburn Public High School Achieve! College and Career Center, I helped them to prepare the Career Day that would be taking place the following week. I was making the fliers that would be posted on the school everywhere. And I helped calling possible firms and businesses to confirm their participation in the Career Day. It was very fun to call them and get answer; like a telemarketer. I thought this would take so long time but it finished sooner than I thought. I tutored the same student who I am tutoring math again and she said that she got a good grade on her quiz using my technique that I taught last time. I was so proud of myself that actually I was being help.

Journal #3

wash.bmp
On the third day of volunteer at the Washburn Public High School Achieve! College and Career Center, fortunately there was not many works for me so I was able to focus on tutoring students. I only teach math because that is what I am most confident about. They were about to have a quiz next week so I really tried to teach some techniques to solve the problem faster and easier. Being a tutor and the fact that they need me as a tutor always make me feel good.

Blog Prompt #7

As time goes, the due date of MDG project is also coming. Good thing for this week’s blog prompt is not about documenting but it’s about designing. Here is this week’s blog prompt assignment: design 3 possible title page options for your term project.

Continue reading "Blog Prompt #7" »

Journal #2

wash.bmp
On the second day of volunteer at the Washburn Public High School Achieve! College and Career Center, I organized some of the information materials of several colleges. Organizing colleges into category as States, Private, Minnesota and Wisconsin and gathered the contact information for students find easily. After organizing, I made to paper label for each of those. It seemed that was the all works we had to do for a day so after finishing organizing colleges, like last time, I tutored math questions with a student. It was fun to talk and helping student. Also I felt that I was being a big help for them.

Blog Prompt #6

259.JPG
For architecture class, the term project MDG is one of the most significant works for all of us. To present it well, we need to find good presentation or documentation to get inspire the styles and methods to develop our own MDG project. For ours, its seventh goal which is sustain environment. I believe there are several works that is related to our goal and I also believe that we will do good work in MDG project. For this week, here is the sixth blog assignment: look for and document some examples of presentation/documentation styles that your term project may take as inspiration.

Continue reading "Blog Prompt #6" »

Journal #1

wash.bmp
On the first day of volunteer at the Washburn Public High School Achieve! College and Career Center, I introduced to the schools coordinator name Reggie Perkinds as well as others staff name Alison Criss. On the first day, we were like having orientation of the program and after the quick orientation we were watching what students were doing on their career statement and some of them were doing college application. I talked with some students about the college life and answered some of his questions about his homework.

Blog Prompt #5

south_campus.jpg

There are a lot of ways people express themselves but it is always hard to express oneself who you are. When someone asks you who you are by architecturally, how would you describe yourself well enough? Answering this question, I would answer it was my high school and the environment of the Philippines which shaped me into a good man, my beloved school Brent International School Manila. Here is the fifth blog assignment: Explore through image and text how the built environment affects (supports or detracts) who you are. Speculate in terms in of frameworks, clockworks, phenomena and oppositions.

Continue reading "Blog Prompt #5" »

Blog Prompt #4

cooper.jpg

I believe architecture is a field which requires a lot of creativity without having stereotypes. Beautiful buildings and works can be created by many architects who go beyond the boundary. However, today there are a lot of students who are learning architecture and they all are learning same thing; the architecture school is making students to have stereotypes and reduce creativity. Here is the 4th assignment for blog prompt: if you were completely released from the constraints of the 'architecture school' program, what would you do architecturally, artistically, bodily, lyrically, etc that would still have an impact on your environment. Describe a real or imagined place which might allow you to do this.

Continue reading "Blog Prompt #4" »

Blog Prompt #3

gf.gif

I always wondered why there should be a difference between children. Children who are living with everything they want and children who are living with poverty and disease. Children all have dreams but children with poverty and disease, they have no time to dreaming. Unfortunately, there is no way we can take poverty out of the world. If there is a bright side, somehow there must be a dark side. Here's my third assignment for blog prompt : Propose a set of images, quotes and a playlist of songs that influence your values with regard to your selected Research Project Millenium Development Goals

Continue reading "Blog Prompt #3" »

Blog Prompt #2

스누피.jpg

When I was young like 7-8 years old, I remember I use to watched cartoons and comic books. Most of them were from Japan and I loved Japanese cartoons and comic books but I watched some of the US cartoons too. Among the US cartoons and comic books I have watched, I still remember PEANUTS. Through the research, I realized that PEANUTS was the real name because in Korea we called Snoopy. I think I loved this cartoon because there is no conversation in the cartoon. For children, it was kind of hard to read the subtitles and watch cartoon at the same time. However since there are no words in the cartoon it was fun to watch PEANUTS. Here is the second blog assignment: Find a social-design issue - here in the twin cities. Document it. Become an advocate for it.

Continue reading "Blog Prompt #2" »

Blog Prompt #1

reed%20screen.jpg

In the film name "Rivers and Tides: Andy Goldsworthy" a designer name Andy Goldsworthy is an artist who gets inspiration from the nature and creates his own works that collaborate with nature. The film was amazing and all of his works shown on the film were remarkable. Through the film, we can see that everything have energy flow. Here is the first blog prompt assignment: Inspired by Andy Goldsworthy, document and investigate through text and image – this idea of energy flow and transformation through the city.

Continue reading "Blog Prompt #1" »