September 2009 Archives
Netfiles is a file storage application with collaboration and sharing features. Similar to the OIP File Server shares, it's managed centrally by OIT and has a number of benefits:
- authentication with your UofM internet ID
- access to files via a web browser or
- access to files via WebDAV, which then operates just like being connected to the OIP File Server (contact OIT if you have questions about this)
- share files across units and outside the university
Check the Netfiles site for more information (activation of your account and connecting to a Netfiles share).
NOTE: If your internet ID begins with a special character (!, @, etc.), it may be problematic for WebDAV access.
Anyone can access their personal UMCal calendar in a web browser.
- Navigate to http://umcal.umn.edu.
- Authenticate using your UofM Internet ID credentials
Edits you make via the web will appear in the UMCal desktop client.
In the e-mail to OIP Tech, include the following:
- Full name and x.500 (UofM internet ID) as soon as it is known.
- Office or desk location/ what computer(s) that need an individual account setup
- UMCal resource access requirements
- Database access requirements
- Software/Operating System training required
- Special software needed
- Phone installation, move, or configuration support needed
Are you getting the following dialog box when you click on a pdf link in your browser?
There are two possible causes and solutions:
- It results from having more than one copy of Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer. Even a combination of Adobe Acrobat (the full version) and the free Adobe Reader will trigger this dialog. And get this, even if one of those copies is in the trash! To fix it, drag the redundant copy of Acrobat to the trash and empty the trash.
- It's a plug-in problem. Delete /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AdobePDFViewer.plugin and try again. (Actually, your access privileges prevent you from deleting files from the system library. Ask oiptech for help.)
Submit a ticket
8am-4:30pm Mon-Fri or by appointment