Recently in Servers Category
Access must be granted for you to open a database hosted on the database server. Submit a ticket to request access.
Once access has been granted, follow these steps to open a database:
- Launch FileMaker
- Choose "Open Remote" from the 'File' menu
- Choose the 'OIP Database Server' option
- Enter your OIP credentials to see what databases you have access to
- Choose one of the databases listed
- Enter your OIP credentials to access the database.
- Click 'OK'
- Repeat the above steps to open other databases as desired.
Once you have logged in the first time, you will see databases you have accessed in the list found at File>Open Recent. This process has fewer steps and so will be the best way to access databases after the first login.
At around 1:50 today, we had a power outage in the server room. This affected all main servers. The problem was noticed and all servers were returned to full service at 2:15. We are currently working with an electrician from Facilities Management to investigate the cause of the outage. We are providing power to the servers with a work-around power solution, which will function for an extended period of time, if needed.
We are expecting to get back to our primary power solution as soon as possible with as little server downtime as we can manage (downtime will most likely be measured in minutes). If this has to happen during office hours, we will notify everyone before switching from our work-around solution to our primary solution.
OIP IT has configured a new file server. Usage of the new server for LAC will commence on Monday, December 7th. Configuration and cutover will happen on Sunday, December 6th. If you will need access on Sunday, Dec 7th, please let me know.
1. Click on this link:
2. Find LACServer.apfloc.zip in your Downloads folder in your Dock. Click on it.
3. Window will appear. Double-click on the blue icon entitled "LACServer.afploc
4. You will be presented with the familiar login window. Your x.500 should appear in the "Account Name" field. The example x.500 is 'testtemp'. Enter "temptest" as the password in the password field.
5. Another window will appear which will allow you to change your password.
6a. Another familiar window will appear, allowing you to choose 'LAC'.
LAC Communications will not have to use the attached link, just modify your password
First, you must use the University's pre-configured VPN if you are connecting from outside the University of Minnesota. Download the UofM's VPN software from OIT's web page.
|Department||Name of Server|
Mac OS X
- In the Finder, select "Connect to Server..." from the Go menu.
- In the Server Address field enter: ireland.gps.umn.edu/Name of Server (see table above).
- Click on the "+" to add it to your "Favorite Servers."
- Click Connect.
- Enter your username and password and click Connect.
- The server will appear on your desktop. Drag the icon that appears on your desktop into your dock to the right of the separator line, near (but not in) the Trash.
- Select "Run..." from the Start menu.
- In in the Open field enter: \\ireland.gps.umn.edu\Name of Server (see table above).
- Click OK.
- Enter your username and password and click OK.
- A window opens showing the contents of the server.
- Click, hold and drag the icon from the address field at the top left of the window to your desktop. A shortcut named "Shortcut to [IP Address and Server Share name]" will be added to your desktop.
If you're a Linux user, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a ticket
8am-4:30pm Mon-Fri or by appointment