The Office of Information Technology (OIT) has expanded its walk-in technology help services to three computer lab locations in 103 Walter, B60 Coffman, and 50 HHH on the Twin Cities campus. The additions will bring the total number of walk-in help locations to five, including the current 101 Coffman and 50 Coffey locations.
All Tech Stop and computer lab walk-in technology help locations provide assistance for students, faculty, and staff to receive face-to-face technology consultations and support.
On-site staff offer assistance for University technology services including:
• Email setup and client configuration
• Internet password changes
• Account updates
• Software update assistance
• Wireless connection assistance
• Application support basic assistance
• Symantec AntiVirus assistance
• Consultations on virus removal--preliminary consultative diagnostics
• ResNet connection problem troubleshooting
• Updating drivers
• Common good software such as email, calendar, Moodle, and much more
• General "how do I get started with...." questions.
Technology help services also offer support and service by telephone, email, or chat. For additional information, visit www.oit.umn.edu/help, or call (612) 301-4357 (1-HELP on campus).