The Staff Engagement Council, made up of staff from each OIT line organization and several units from the broader UMN IT community, meets with Scott Studham to provide the staff perspective on key issues. As always, IT staff should feel free to email Scott directly with questions and comments. Staff can also contact any member of the Staff Engagement Council. Council members will bring staff ideas, questions, and concerns forward for discussion.
The Staff Engagement Council met on June 1. We discussed the following topics
Staff response to the request to provide "360 Evaluation" input for members Extended Leadership Team.
- Some staff expressed that they feel uncomfortable participating because their responses were not completely anonymous.
- Only Scott and Ben will see the survey responses--a promise!
- Responses continue to trickle in.
- This may be due to the lack of deadline, or a lack in understanding regarding how input will be used.
Outcome: Scott sent a follow-up email to staff including privacy assurances and a deadline.
Review of Department Policies
- Scott is starting a dialogue to review OIT departmental policies to ensure that they are fair, equitable, and right for the organization today. He is researching current policies and soliciting input. More to come!
- An additional member is being added to the Staff Engagement Council from the Academic Technology (AT) line organization. AT is currently the only line organization without representation. We are also exploring other gaps in representation.
- The SEC will share updates and contact information through the Inside IT blog.