Google Groups, a tool for a team of users to quickly collaborate with one another either via email, or any of Google's various applications, is now available with Google Apps for the University of Minnesota.
Google Groups is all about helping users connect with people, access information, and communicate effectively over email and on the web. With members of your team all in the same group, Google Groups makes it easy for sharing things like Google Calendars and Docs with one another.
Who's eligible for Google Groups?
University of Minnesota faculty, staff, and students, may request a Google Group for themselves, or for their unit or organization. Google Groups request forms, including instructions, are available on the University's Google support website.
What can you do with Google Groups?
- Request email groups.
- Create a question and answer customer support group for a product or service.
- Organize meetings, conferences, or social events among members of a group.
- Find people with similar hobbies, interests, or backgrounds.
- Read group posts through email, the online interface, or both.
- Use rich-text editing to customize your posts with fonts, colors, and images.
- Find all of your discussions in one place--organize with favorites and folders, choose to follow along via email, and quickly find unread posts.
- Keyboard shortcuts and a streamlined design mean you won't spend time waiting to read and get involved.
- Access Google Groups on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
For more information about Groups, as well as the other available Google Apps for the University of Minnesota, visit www.oit.umn.edu/google.