University of Minnesota faculty and staff are eligible to participate in Microsoft's Home Use Program (HUP), enabling those who use Microsoft Office for their work at the University to purchase one licensed copy per platform of Office (for Windows or Mac) to install and use on home computers, for work and personal purposes.
A few things to note:
- Eligible faculty and staff must be currently employed at the University.
- The cost to the user is $9.95 for the download, paid by credit card to Microsoft. A backup copy, as well as different language packs, are available at additional cost.
- A UMN email address MUST be used.
- You may not share your purchase information with anyone outside of the University.
- The software must be removed from your computer if you leave University employment.
Complete information and purchase details are available on the Office UTools website.