Obama Fights Back in 'Lipstick Pig' Controversy

Wednesday Senator Barack Obama refuts the controversy that he made a derogatory slur against his running mate, Gov. Sarah Palin.
Obama made it quite clear in his speech that he does not have time for the phony accusations of his rivals.
“Enough!? Mr. Obama said to address the latest controversy of this campaign. “I don’t care what they say about me, but I love this country too much to let them take over another election with lies and phony outrage and swift boat politics. Enough is enough.?
The controversy began when Obama made a comment about John McCain’s economic policies by saying, "‘You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig."
The news media immediately diverted this comment to be an insult to Gov. Palin, rather than focusing on it's intended message.
Obama goes on to say that, "The McCain campaign would much rather have the story about phony and foolish diversions than about the future.?
Obama seemed not be thrown by the controversy and devoted only a little more than five minutes discussing the matter.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/10/obama-responds-to-phony-outrage/?hp