Shuffle 10

This is fun. Take your iPod and set it for shuffle. Now list the first 10 songs that play and comment on them. I'll go first.

1. Strange Desire by The Black Keys -- This is a cool song.

2. Please Remain Calm by Cloud Cult -- This is really cool song by, for my money, Duluth's best band. Too bad I haven't seen them live yet. It's on my to do list. "This is test of the emergency broadcast system...."

3. I Got S#@t by Pearl Jam -- This song brings back memories. I listened to the Merkinball EP (when this song was called 'I Got Id') about 20 times one of many ski trips up the North Shore to Lutsen. On these drives, I'd invariably comsume incredible amounts Twizzlers, Cool Ranch Doritos, and Dr. Pepper, and nothing else. Wow. those trips were almost 15 years ago.

4. Stuart and the Ave. by Green Day -- "I may be dumb but I'm not stupid enough to stay with you."

5. My Lady Story by Antony and the Johnsons -- I've heard this song about twice now. The singer has a very distinctive voice. This is a very unusual band. I'm not sure how I feel about them.

6. Me and Mia by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists -- I love love love this song. "Doctors know your mom and dad but me and Mia, Ann and Anna know how hard you've tried." Get up and be it!

7. Parting of the Sensory by Modest Mouse -- Isaac Brock oozes crazy, and I can't get enough off his speech impetiment. This song builds to a stomp-clap climax that is not to be missed. Genius.

8. Listed M.I.A. by Rancid -- You won't find many punk albums, or any albums, for that matter, to match ...And Out Come the Wolves. "I came so close man I almost had it."

9. Saw Red by Sublime -- Who knew then that Gwen Steffani would be a huge hip-hop star?

10. Your Little Hoodrat Friend by The Hold Steady -- Long live the Hold Steady! These guys are astonishing. "I'm kinda saving myself for the scene."

Your turn.