« Silver Lining In Arab Profiling | Main | How's That Surge Coming Along? Part XIII »

Only For My Boilerplate Multimillion-Dollar Contract Go I

Katie Couric is caught lying and plagiarizing on camera and what do they do? They fire the producer:

"CBS Evening News" anchor Katie Couric may vividly recall her first library card, but the network says she was unaware that her online video essay about the virtues of libraries was largely a work of plagiarism.

CBS News said this week the April 4 installment of "Katie Couric's Notebook" consisted mostly of passages lifted verbatim from a Wall Street Journal column by Jeffrey Zaslow that was published in March.

The producer responsible for Couric's piece was fired on Monday night, hours after the Journal contacted CBS News to complain, network spokeswoman Sandy Genelius said on Tuesday.

Although the text for the minute-long video was written in first person -- introduced by Couric with the line, "I still remember when I got my first library card" -- Couric did not compose the piece herself and was unaware that much of it was plagiarized, Genelius said.

If this is what passes for "journalism" and accountability, then Brian Williams has no right to complain.