« How's That Surge Coming Along? Part XIV | Main | We'll Control Our Own Country By The End Of The Year. . .Really, I Swear!. . .Why Are You Laughing? Stoppit! »

They Knew

More evidence of Bush's fuckups before the 9-11 attack gave him a four-year shot in the arm:

PARIS (AP) - A French intelligence service learned as early as January 2001 that al-Qaida was working on a plot to hijack U.S. airliners, and it passed the information on to the CIA, a news report said Monday.

France's Le Monde newspaper said it had obtained 328 pages of classified documents on Osama bin Laden's terror network that were drawn up by the French foreign intelligence service, the DGSE, between July 2000 and October 2001.

The Defense Ministry didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

Le Monde reported that the documents included a note dated Jan. 5, 2001, which said al-Qaida had been working on a hijacking plot for months. The intelligence note reported that bin Laden had attended a meeting in Afghanistan in October 2000, where a final decision to carry out the plot was taken, the newspaper said.

French intelligence officials apparently had no idea that al-Qaida was plotting to crash hijacked planes into buildings, as happened in the Sept. 11 attacks.

I'm new to this particular blogosphere world of promotion, and have to compliment you about this post. Love it! I'm small businesses owner, and spend a lot of my time meandering round these sites, trying to discover how to use what I'm finding out. I will, I understand it!