Creative Cookies

It found it more difficult than I thought to come up with a creative cookie idea. It seemed that the power of the internet was almost too much information, as each new idea I came up with I found was already a know receipe. Cream cheese cookies, pumpkin pie cookies, smore cookies all fell by the wayside as I searched for something I could make my own. eventually I found a base recepie that involved oatmeal, a ingredient I had on over abundance of and chose to take the cookies in that direction.

ingredients.png

Upon making the choice to customize oatmeal cookies I then sought out a way to make them unique. Another ingredient I had an abundence of was instant hot cocoa mix. I chose to subsitute the cocoa mix for sugar, and add pumpkin spice seeing as it was seasonal. Since I was not 100% sure the cocoa mix would be sweet enough as a subsitute, I chose to mix in chocolate chips, and M&M's both original and peanut.

closeringredients.png

bowl.png

upon baking and tasting I found the results pleasing. The recepie is as follows

1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar hot chocolate/cocoa mix
1 teapoon pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpouse flour
1/4 cups M&M's peanut
1/2 cups M&M's original
1/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

cookiesheet.png

The cookies have a very interest and delicious look to them, but I wonder how these differ from monster cookies and worry if they are indeed novel. Also, what resources did you use (title of cook books) and did you experiment more than just this first batch? What were some mistakes you made and other iterations? What makes this cookie innovative?

Jessica O

The color and look of texture is very interesting. I wonder though how these differ from monster cookies and if they are truly novel. Did you do multiple iterations or did you just make this one batch? Did you taste test as you mixed it? How long and at what temperature did you cook them at? What were some of the mistakes you ran into?

Jessica O

It seems to me that you have chosen a lot of flavor choices by your interest, which is a good way to start it. These cookies must look really attractive to those people who like sweet treats. However, I really think you should have dig deeper into different experiments. Sometimes, when thinking is not enough, you can try to test different things with it. I found bouncing flavor theory really helpful. I understand that everything you search will eventually appears to be existed. I met the same issue. On the other hand, in my opinion, you should push it a little bit further than it is and try to have fun with it.

I would have to agree with much of what has already been said. I think it was an interesting idea to use the hot cocoa mix, and I think you could have pushed the boundaries with that a little bit more. Maybe there were other ways you could have used the cocoa mix, or other flavors you could have incorporated besides chocolate. If you wanted to keep a really chocolatey flavor, maybe you could have played around with form a little bit more. I think you were on a great track with the cocoa mix, and would have liked to see even more experimentation. They look delicious!