« Education is Amazing Grace | Main | The Things We Phénomène (Blog 5) »

My Second Life (Blog 4)

I like to imagine a me… free…
I have no boundaries, no limits, and no destination.
I am alive, unbound, uncontrolled, and wild.
I am the creator of my dreams…

This is my brain on creation...

Without organization through the architectural discipline- designers LIvE outside reality.
With. . . organization through the architectural discipline- designers think outside reality.

If my goal in school was something other than to be an architect, it would probably be to hold some type of scientific degree; which was my first intended major, in fear of loosing my passion for architecture. [‘No school’ is not in my vocabulary.] While in the pursuit of a science degree, I would probably continue with my long hobby of free-sketch architecture; it helps me to get my mind off of actual life. This is my imaginary place of freedom. Here, I can be the architect and the client. Between the lines of squares I see light and shadow. The paper becomes a code that only I can see. I have imagined effects on architecture from the suns position and its outcome on light, to rocky landscapes and potential downpours. I’m not sure how to properly draw open-ceilings, half walls, or countertops. I don’t know the rules for barring walls, plumbing or electrics. I am not an engineer or a classical physicist. My drawings are purely imaginary.

I am learning of ideas before I learn these ideas in school. Just a few weeks ago for example professor Sercowski of the University of Minnesota spoke of Palladio at a lecture in downtown Minneapolis. He explained how architecture was considered with rainwater runoff and was gathered together in a central courtyard. Just weeks prior to this intriguing Venetian lecture I too was experimenting with these same ideas. I was amazed on how similar my ideas were on a topic I had no prior knowledge of.

You could take the ‘architecture school’ program from me, but never my imagination.

Yours truly,

Servant of Imagination

Wow! This can be one particular of the most beneficial blogs We have ever arrive across on this subject. Basically Fantastic. I'm also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your hard work.