Interesting window signs...

In light of our conversations this week, particularly around the Monster, Terrorist, Fag essay, and the Brown essay Subjects of Tolerance, I wanted to share something I saw over the weekend. I was driving into a gas station, and a van was pulling out with a big sign in the window which read "Say NO to terrorism, Support our troops". I was so shocked, that it took me a minute to really process my thoughts. This message really says a lot. In saying no to terrorism, should it automatically follow that we should support the troops? I can see where this thinking comes from, because we want to support our troops so they can go over there and wipe out the terrorists. So then if one doesn't support the troops are they saying "Yes" to terrorism? Is "saying no to terrorism" really an issue that needs to be encouraged? I think we can definitely argue that what has gone on in other countries as a result of the invasion of U.S. troops may seem like terrorism to people over there. Innocent lives are being taken, homes destroyed, and towns torn apart. Yet we Americans are told to sit here, and point fingers at "them", the terrorists, and hope that our troops eliminate them so we can sleep at night. For clarification, I'm not here to say that we should or should not support the troops. I am simply here to point out that this is not just about "us/them" mentality, and particularly the notion of eliminating them. I just wanted to share my thoughts, and some of the reactions I had after seeing that sign.