Can moving your eyes improve your memory?

After reading the chapter on memory, I found this article: http://www.livescience.com/1473-moving-eyes-improves-memory-study-suggests.html I thought that it was very interesting and decided to share it in my blog post.
The main idea sounds pretty legitimate, that moving your eyes back and fourth increases interaction between the two hemispheres of your brain, and that communication between the hemispheres of your brain is important for memory. I don't think that there has been enough research done on this subject to make any conclusive reports though, which the researcher himself admits. That reminded me of what we learned a few weeks ago, about how sometimes scientists want to prove that they are right and will present their data in a way that proves something that they already thought to be true. I thought the fact that he admitted that more tests will need to be done was a good sign, and that if he could admit that his results were not enough to prove anything then the article was fairly legitimate and honest. I also liked that this article talked about the three different groups, one being the control group in which no variable was added.
I did a Google search on this specific topic, and found this article: http://scienceblogs.com/cognitivedaily/2009/04/a_quick_eye-exercise_can_impro.php I thought that it was a lot more confusing and less straight forward than the first article. It added more variables, such as being right or left handed, or "split brained." It also seemed to claim much stronger proof for something, which made it seem less legitimate to me now that I've taken a Psychology class and learned about the mistakes scientists often make when conducting research.
Overall, I really hope that this is a true finding, and that they do more research to prove it. Alzheimer's runs in my family, and maybe in the future this might help lead to cures for that disease.