Easy 5!

devil.jpg High 5 Yo! The Big Five Model of Personality which are the five main themes that can be found in a majority of people. The Big 5 consists of O.C.E.A.N or C.A.N.O.E (Lilienfeld 562). To be more specific, it's Openness to experience, Conscientiousness, Etraversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism. To break the OCEAN down for easier understanding and remembering, just remember key words. For example, O the definition is within the Openness to experience= OPEN; then as for Conscientiousness= CAREFUL and when your careful, you're RESPONSIBLE; for Etraversion= EXTRA which you could conclude to the fact that it's not normal behavior (calming & relating) meaning behaviors are more LIVELY & SOCIALABLE; then as for Agreeableness= AGREE concluding that people who are more agreeable tend to be easy going and sociable; and lastly, Neuroticism, think of this as the ugly duck because it's definition doesn't sound favorable. Neuroticism is tense & moody= ugly duck!moody.jpg

I think that understanding the Big Five helps you understand yourself better in terms of psychologically. For example, during discussion section, I found out that I was low on extraversion and high on conscientiousness. I was pretty surprise at first and later, I understood why and how the results were like that. Thus, I believe that by understanding the Big Five, you can improve yourself if you want to.

Rawr.jpg

Here is an example of some of the big five traits of personality; in order to see this example, please copy and paste this link into your browser: http://youtu.be/UMfjDt3QQ1E

After watching the example, which of the big five could you identify and with whom does it correlate with?