In five years...

Five years from now, I believe I will remember the story about Paul Ingram and how easily people will believe events that never happened. I think that is it amazing that Paul's daughter could believe a story about how her father sexually abusing her when she was younger. Then later add to her story by saying her father is a murderer and buried bodies in their yard. Also, how Paul ended up confessing in the end because he created memories of these events, but the truth is none of these events ever happened. I think it is fascinating how false memories play a part in people's lives. False memories allow a person to create vivid memories about events that never took place leading the person away from the truth of the event. People are usually unaware that these memories are false because they seem so real. From learning about the Paul Ingram case and false memories, it makes me wonder if I have any false memories I am unaware of.

1-memories.jpg

(http://nadia-zunaidi.blogspot.com/2011/04/hey-dear-i-miss-you.html)