Lincoln

My name is Murray Parent, I'm 18 years old and I'm from Saint Cloud, Minnesota. I really like to read and watch movies. I have three cats named Cydney, Samantha and Puck. I like dogs alot too, but I live in an apartment, so we can't have one. I'm going to school to become a writer, or an actor. Maybe both if I'm lucky.
Now some questions for you, what do you like most about school, and what do you like the least? What is your family like? And, if you could be any animal in the world, what would it be and why?

Posted by at 12:31 AM

The middle school I attended was far less diverse than Lincoln. I can’t recall a single Black, Hispanic, or Native American, that went to Saint Peter Paul and Michael middle school. We had a few students who were Asian, but they had been adopted from Korea as infants and had spent the entirety of their lives in the households of white families, and basically had adopted white culture entirely. Looking at Lincoln, which boasts a large Black and Hispanic population, and whites making up only a small fraction, I can see that the environment of my education is far different. I hadn’t really had much of a chance to interact with someone outside of my race on any level other than passing conversation until I had come to the University. The simple fact was, most people in Saint Cloud, and especially at the private schools, are Caucasian Christians. Many people refer to Saint Cloud as “White Cloud, Minnesota.” I think I would prefer to have come from a middle school, as well as a high school, with a more diverse backgrounds.

Posted by at 4:47 PM