Recently Noticed

What i have recently noticed is a Vibe not something tangible or visible.  I feel as though the art world is becoming overwhelmed with new technological advances, the world of media art and graphic design is the new hip and cool way to create art work.  I guess i am traditional in regards to creating artwork, i believe in the hand and pencil method to approaching art or the hand and paint brush method.  I understand that both approaches to art are different and i also know that they hold similarities but my reaction to graphic design and its increasing popularity is scary and overwhelming.  As a teacher of traditional taste, how will i affectively teach something i know little about and hold little interest in? I guess the answer is already there, its my appreciation for art in general, its how art affects my daily and living life, without art i would be lost.  So shall it be my adoring love for the art world that will help me teach my students? i think so.  Im sure we all have some understanding of this feeling of insecurity because we are approaching something unfamiliar, but if anyone has ideas for me or wants to share thoughts that would be great, all the advice i can get is appreciated! 

This page contains a single entry by parke345 published on October 6, 2009 2:57 PM.

Camera-less Animation Project 2 was the previous entry in this blog.

My Creature Project 1 is the next entry in this blog.