Recently in Project 1 > Digital Collage Category

My Creature Project 1

For our first project we had to create a creature using images uploaded from everyone in the classroom, a face, landscape, animal, texture and something mechanical.  For my project i made a "baby butterfly" or some people in class had called it satan's baby, but that was not intentional of course for it to resemble something freaky.  I used the body of an owl and place a crying babies head on top and gave it butterfly wings (monarch), and used cat legs for antennas! I played with the colors and turned into something bright and highly saturated (so i suppose thats the freaky part).  The project was fun and fairly easy and im not all too familiar with photoshop (very little experience).  The greatest part of the project was turning it into a video, making the creature move around the background (which we also fabricated out of images).  I think this would be a great start for an activity with students, to help get them familiar with photoshop and it allows for creativity and problem solving, which as we all know can really help that student in other courses like math! hey hey!!  Also it connects the students with their own images and others, being able to see someone else use your photo in their creature makes that student feel good about themselves, plus its super fun to see your photo switched around! Overall, the project was a great success and i highly recommend it to any teacher to us when introducing photoshop!

Collage_Creature.jpg

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Project 1 > Digital Collage category.

My Lesson Plans is the previous category.

Project 2 > Moving Images is the next category.