Humphey - Law School Tree Planting and Exotic Species Eradication at Lake Maria State Park

IMG_5596.JPG

Last Saturday, April 19th, students from the Humphrey Institute and the Environmental Law Society of the University of Minnesota Law School took part in a wonderful earth day work project. Hosted by the gracious people at Lake Maria State Park, we were treated to a breakfast of coffee, juice, fruit and doughnuts beside a roaring fire.

Once we got to work, we divided into two groups and set to the tasks at hand. One group planted native hardwood trees while the other eradicated the invasive Buckthorn from the understory of a 1.5 acre infestation. Our K-9 companion was set on helping too, personally eradication more than a dozen of the tenacious trees.

PASA will be sponsoring another Earth Day event right here in the Cedar Riverside Community this Saturday. I hope you can come! See Desiree or Matt for details.

Gardening is so relaxing and a wonderful way to spend time outdoors. It is one of my favorite hobbies that I love to share with others online! Thanks for taking the time to write this post, I always learn so much about gardening from many different sources online!

Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs