Breeze (Week 8 Bolg)

Working with breeze was a new yet familiar experience. I though it would be like a chat room before I logged in. To my surprise though, it was much more than that. I was really impressed with live video and audio feed. I also liked how Aimee was able to monitor all the rooms and get back to us with any question as soon as it was possible. All in all I was really impressed with the technology. I knew it was feasible but never received chance to use it. I thought that using it for a classroom was an excellent idea.
There were quite a few things that were confusing. Firs of all I think the biggest problem with my group was that nobody ever showed up in the Breeze rooms for a variety reasons. So it was difficult getting anything done when the group was not there. The other problem I had was that I was logged in twice because i thought it didn't work the first time. Later I was unable to leave a room because I was logged in twice. By the time I was in the right room it was almost time to end class but it was okay because none of my group members were able to log into Breeze.
I still really enjoyed the experience because I think it would be a great way for distant learners to attend a structured classroom via internet. I believe all things come with difficulty and turmoil at first but once we get used to a routine, then things start falling the way you want to. I am sure that in the future I will have the chance to use this form of communication in either class, work or in the social part of my life. I look forward to the experience. I hope that I can use what I learned today and be more patient next time and solve the problems that way. Getting work done is also something I look forward the next time I use this type of technology.

Posted by at October 27, 2005 4:21 PM