Fujishin Inventory

In the first part of the inventory it asks about who you are. I replied with all my answers as to be adjectives describing what I am like on a daily basis. There weren't any nouns and that because I believe I am those adjectives I wrote down on a daily basis in any situation not just as a friend or a student.
In the section "what do you believe,” I was able to write down 5 things but not at ease. It may mean that I hold a lot of trust. However, I wrote down more ideas than people. So i am guessing that this mean I don't have trust in people too much besides my family. Most of my beliefs are in ideas and concepts.
In the section "Six months to live" I wrote down a lot of activities. I am an active guy and most of my interests in life involves being active. There are some dangerous activities that I want to accomplish so this may mean that I am only holding back because of the longevity of life has to offer.
My communication behavior is the weakest in the part of sharing my feeling with other people. I already knew this about myself. Others have also agreed with me in this matter. I however it better through keeping my most inner thoughts to myself rather than sharing with others. I do this because I believe this is what makes a person unique. I like the fact of not knowing what other are really like on the inside. It makes it more of a challenge for me to figure out who they really are. So I want the same for others to feel about me.
After writing down my weaknesses in communication, I found out that I am not an open person and that is sometimes why people feel am not a good communicator on a personal level. However, most of my communication weaknesses are dealing on personal level except for nervousness which happens in front of class.
In the thanksgiving list, I discovered that I am thankful for all the things that come from my family. They have provided so much for me such as a place for me live at and eat to be physically healthy. They have provided great environments for me expand my mind and be educated in. Finally they have shown me how to be spiritually involved in the temple and out of the temple.

Posted by at 11:33 AM

Characterisitics of Team

I currently work at 3M Corp. as an intern in the project development department. In this department we often have to work in teams. There are various characteristics that define a good team in our department but I will talk about some that are of utmost importance.
Goal setting is of great importance at the beginning of each project. Every player in the project has his or her own goals, however in the end it all combines to one master goal.
In relation to those goals we all have tasks that we are responsible according to our skills and talents. The tasks are assigned so that each person has experience in the task or is able find resources to finish the task. For example, since I am only an intern, there are only certain minor tasks assigned to me, which I can handle with my minute experience. Since I have no decision making rights I am given tasks that have minor decision making tasks and the decisions that are important are ran through by my boss.
A team also needs to be organized. In my work, part of what I do is organizing the project from start to finish. I deal with scheduling meetings, finding resources to set presentations and making presentations to show the status of the project.
Since there are always a lot of resources, time and money involved in each project at work, accountability is important as well. Even though each person has his or her own task, others rely on each member to have their portion completed or know what needs to be done to complete the task. If one person does not perform at the best of their ability it can bring the team to a halt. In our specific department, a lot of money and time is at risk at all times. So the team has to know that they can count on me to finish whatever it is that I need to do.

Posted by at 10:56 AM

Emotional Competence

I would rate myself the highest in the self-regulation portion of personal competence. I believe I am able to control my actions and emotions in the worst conditions. Because of this strength I am able to adapt to a variety of situations and environments. In addition, I am very open minded person so I am open to new ideas and information. My weaknesses primarily lie in the motivation section. I am not always ready to take opportunities by the hand and make them work for me. I see myself as too “laid back” type of person so I am not always willing to make things better than they could be. So my achievement drive is not at the point of where I’d like it to be or employers would like it to be.

On the social competence level I would rate myself high. I have been told many times that I am very empathetic by family, friends and co-workers. I am able to understand others’ feelings as ease give motivation to others when I see them struggling. I can also sense what others need in terms of work and personal life. In the social skills, the only major weakness I see on a regular basis is conflict management. I am too much of a people pleaser at times and this hinders my ability to resolve conflicts within groups.

Posted by at 2:50 PM

First Blog Entry

Hi,

My name is Rakesh Patel but you can call me Rak. I'm a senior studying Applied Economics. After graduation I plan to work as a commodity trader and an analyst. I recently have been interested greatly in trading stocks and currency. I am look foward to learning the types of leadership and teambuilding skills that I can carry with me into the work field as wells everyday situations.

Posted by at 3:37 PM