Breeze (Week 8 Bolg)

Working with breeze was a new yet familiar experience. I though it would be like a chat room before I logged in. To my surprise though, it was much more than that. I was really impressed with live video and audio feed. I also liked how Aimee was able to monitor all the rooms and get back to us with any question as soon as it was possible. All in all I was really impressed with the technology. I knew it was feasible but never received chance to use it. I thought that using it for a classroom was an excellent idea.
There were quite a few things that were confusing. Firs of all I think the biggest problem with my group was that nobody ever showed up in the Breeze rooms for a variety reasons. So it was difficult getting anything done when the group was not there. The other problem I had was that I was logged in twice because i thought it didn't work the first time. Later I was unable to leave a room because I was logged in twice. By the time I was in the right room it was almost time to end class but it was okay because none of my group members were able to log into Breeze.
I still really enjoyed the experience because I think it would be a great way for distant learners to attend a structured classroom via internet. I believe all things come with difficulty and turmoil at first but once we get used to a routine, then things start falling the way you want to. I am sure that in the future I will have the chance to use this form of communication in either class, work or in the social part of my life. I look forward to the experience. I hope that I can use what I learned today and be more patient next time and solve the problems that way. Getting work done is also something I look forward the next time I use this type of technology.

Posted by at 4:21 PM

Goleman Reflection

Over all I like this book. I think it provided me with great basis to bigin with in dealing with teams and individually in my social life and in my choice of career. I think the best part of it was that there are so many ways you can take an advice and use it in different situations. For example, I liked when Goleman talked about motivation being used in group situation. he describes how to motivate the group but I took a lot of the advice on motivation for my personal use. I think the majority of the book is common sense. Most of the things that he talks are about common etiquettes that we should already know. However, the overall concept of emotional intellegence was fascinating and something I never thought of as being that deep.

Posted by at 12:16 AM

Dysfunctional Role

If I had to pick a a dysfuntional tole that I belong it would be the pleaser. I am an opinionated person however when it comes to working on task in a group of peoople that I barely know or need to be professional with I tend to avoid conflict. I fall into the wishes of my group members most of the time rahter than express my own feelings. I do this because I seem to think that giving into wishes of other members it will help us all work at a more efficient rate. At work I always work with people who are more experienced than me however, I am the one who usually comes with initial suggestions on how to go about starting the project. Most of the time ther is input on how things should be different and I tend to take all of their suggestions without hesitation. Sometimes I have found that the original idea that we started with, is the one that we go back and start all over. to avoid being the pleaser I can probably speak up if I truely believe that my opinion or idea is the best method in proceeding with our tasks. I could also try to speak with at least one of the members in the group and see what they think of my opinion. I think the main way for me to stop being the pleaser is to speak up more often and express how I feel.

Posted by at 12:08 AM

Personal Mission Statement

MISSION STATEMENT: In each day of my life I want to live life to the fullest, be thankful, and be humble, with balancing fun, family, career and friends.

I really had a tough time in develioping a "life" mission statement because I am the type of person who doesn't try to think too far in advance. I always think about the task at hand and at this point it is school and career hunting. This mission statement demands my role as a team member in every category. Whether it be my role as a supportive family member or a co-worker in my career, being a team member is important in the entire aspect my life's mission statement.

Posted by at 1:23 PM