Days Hours and Minutes

the new year is around the way, change is envision but is it really pursued and maintained through the hours , minutes and days following the drop ...

TECHNOPOLIES

I have concluded that technopolies are the underlying, true influence of technology on human culture, and societal accomplishments and down falls. The Postman reading present the two faced being know as technology. I agree with the reading, in the area that technology is good and it has made the daily life better, for the modern man. I feel that is one side of the face of technology. On the other hand technology has affected the cultural man, its innovative advances have prolonged life and has and shortened life as well. I have gathered from the reading that technopoly it the constant judgment of the wrong and the right influences that the world is critiquing on technology.

laptop200x200.jpgold-books_200x200.jpg

Continue reading "TECHNOPOLIES" »

ARCHITECTURE AND MATHEMATICS

PRELIMANARY MATH STAGES

math2_200x200.jpgmath3_200x200.jpgmath9_200x200.jpg
These 3 images symbolize the starting point of the project. These images give the basics, by showing standard points and lines illustrating a 2-dimensional and 1-dimensional images. The images generate lines with a very little hint of perspective.

INTERMEDIATE MATH & ARCHITRCTURAL STAGES

math4_200x200.jpgmath7_200x200.jpgmath8_200x200.jpg
These 3 images get more volume and debt perception, it also shows the transformation from 1 and 2 dimensions to 3 dimensions. In these images you can still see the relationship between these and the previous ones.

FINAL RESULT

math6_200x200.jpg math5_200x200.jpg
Theses are the final architectural form that is the result of mathematics and architecture. These two images show a form that is the result of transformation of lines and points into this unique and abstract architectural being..

Oppositions

Man vs.Nature

Do you remember the times when you dropped a 5, 10, or 20 dollar bill on the ground on a very windy day. What happened when you went to pick that dollar up? The opposition of the wind blowing the dollar away me trying to continuously pick the dollar bill up. The funning thing about the situation is that every time u bind down to pick the bill up it wants to blow away. The only resolution I can think of is to step on the dollar bill as soon as you can, when you drop it or it falls out of your pocket.
man pickin up money.jpg

Man vs. Landscape

A levee is an artificial or natural embankment formed of sediment, built along side a river, to prevent flooding of the surrounding areas. This is an opposition of man vs. landscape. The purpose of a levee is to keep the rising water of the river away from the land that people are residing on. When the landscape and nature wins the battle it is a disastrous site, as was the case in 2005 in New Orleans.
no levee_200x200.jpgflood2.jpg

anthony Patterson

arch face.jpg

PHENOMENON : SKY and CLOUDS

The clouds and the sky are my objects for my phenomenon. The phenomenon I am presenting is the contrast in the shapes of the clouds, the spatial placement and the variety of colors that are displayed in the sky and in the clouds.

Continue reading "PHENOMENON : SKY and CLOUDS" »

THE GENIUS LOCI OF MY HOME

When a place means something to you, it means more than something, it is a part of you and embedded image in your head. This image of this thing will never leave you, it will be like the images of your mother or father in your head, even if you have good parents or not so good parents, whomever is embedded in your head. The meaning of the place could be because it represents a time of comfort , or a time in which someone died, influenced you, helped you. Other places could be meaningful for you because of a person you meet there or an occurrence that happen to change your life or view on a certain subject.

Continue reading "THE GENIUS LOCI OF MY HOME" »

CAMPUS WHEELS

Your campus life at the University of Minnesota can be viewed form many angles. You can view the atmosphere as fun, taking into consideration the diverse amount of people. You can view it on the levels of education, considering that it is an accredited university, that has an solid history of success stories. The last view that I will elaborate on is safety. Campus safety can also be amply divided into many areas; dorm safety, after dark safety etc. . In these first weeks of the semester I have notice bicyclist activity more that before. These episodes of observance usually follow with an angry remark on my part, because of the risk that they are taking to ride along side motor vehicles.

bike_icon51_200x200.jpgbike_icon61_200x200.jpg

Continue reading "CAMPUS WHEELS" »

THE ENERGY OF THE MIDTOWN MARKET

Energy defined scientifically is the action of moving against resistance. Concerning the Energy of the Midtown Market, it is defined as the expression of a person ,place or thing, in the form of movement, thought, words, feelings, experience, emotions, and consumption. Things and places express Energy by appearance, smells, temperature, and design. Energy can be physical, mental and spiritual.

resizeofmidex_towersign_300px_001_320x240_240x150.jpg

Continue reading "THE ENERGY OF THE MIDTOWN MARKET" »