« Statistics | Main | The flying of time and the changing of things. »

Classes must have been too tough for this woman…

The big news today seems to be that some woman either ‘jumped’ or ‘fell’ from the driving level of the Washington Ave. Bridge yesterday. From MN Daily:

A woman in her 20s suffered "grave injuries" after jumping off the driving level of the Washington Avenue Bridge into the Mississippi River on Tuesday, said University Police Chief Greg Hestness.

About 3:15 p.m., a boater on the water hoisted the woman into the boat and took her to shore, where emergency personnel got her into an ambulance, Hestness said. Upon entering the ambulance, she was alive but unable to communicate, he said.

In other news, I’m a bit more optimistic about calc today, as we went over stuff I remember fairly well and am sure I can do. Ironically, it’s on a much harder level than line equations, but I can deal.

In philosophy we did small group discussions all hour. I guess that is what the majority of the class time is going to consist of. Today was reading over some history and selections of Socrates, and what it means to live ‘the best life possible.’ More on that later.

I’m going to work some on calc now so I don’t have to worry about it tonight. I’ve got some reading to do for Scientific Thought that should eat some time later.